As an Amazon associate we may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you) when you buy through the links on this site, but this never influences our opinion.
If you’re looking for the best men’s cordless hair clippers money can buy in 2021, this is the guide for you.
Depending on your circumstances – and to help you choose, I’ve broken down this guide into ‘Best In Class’ categories.
|TopTop||Best Overall - Wahl Cordless Magic Clip||Buy Now|
|Top||Professional Use - Andis Master||Buy Now|
|Top||Professional Use - BaBylissPRO Barberology MetalFX Series||Buy Now|
|Top||Professional Use - Oster Octane||Buy Now|
|Home Use - Wahl Magic Clip||Buy Now|
|Home Use - Andis Envy||Buy Now|
|Home Use - Remington Cordless Vacuum||Buy Now|
|Self-Haircut - Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro||Buy Now|
|Self-Haircut - Philips QC5570/13 DIY Easy Reach 180 Degree Hair Clipper||Buy Now|
|Bald Look - BaBylissPRO FXFS2 FOILFX02 Cordless Metal Double Foil Shaver||Buy Now|
|Clipper/Trimmer Combo - Andis Fade Combo Envy Li Clipper & Slimline Li Trimmer||Buy Now|
|Clipper/Trimmer Combo - Wahl Lithium Ion Cordless Haircutting & Trimming Combo||Buy Now|
|Budget - Wahl Color Pro Cordless||Buy Now|
In This Guide..
- Overall Winner: Wahl Magic Clip
- Best Professional Cordless Hair Clippers
- Best Home Use Cordless Hair Clippers
- Best Self-Cut Cordless Hair Clippers
- Best Cordless Hair Clippers For Bald Head
- Best Cordless Hair Clipper and Trimmer Set
- Best Budget Cordless Hair Clippers
- Cordless Vs Corded Hair Clippers
- Final Thoughts
Overall Winner: Wahl Magic Clip
After weighing up all the features, spec, and value for money, we recommend the Wahl Magic Clip as the best overall cordless clipper.
The Magic Clip has found the right balance of motor strength, cutting blade, ease of use, and affordability. It’s also ideal for professionals and beginners alike.
The Wahl 5-Star Cordless Magic Clip is one of the most popular clippers used by barbers and stylists.
It’s also one of Wahl’s most successful hair clipper lines.
These are commercial use, heavy-duty clippers – although not heavy in weight.
It has a taper lever and can be zero-gapped – designed to cut, fade and blend all types, and thickness of hair.
This is a workhorse of a clipper.
It’s chunky to hold, but light enough for constant use – only 10 ounces.
I love the burgundy color and classic design of the 5-Star Magic Clip.
- Taper lever for greater precision
- Lithium battery – 90 min run time after just 30 minutes charge
- A unique and adjustable ‘stagger tooth’ steel blade – designed to blend hair and create texture while cutting
- Strong rotary motor
- Unique stagger tooth cutting blade. Ideal for skin fades, blending, and added texture
- Decent run-time between charges
- Can use corded or cordless
- Lightweight for ease of use
- Wahl’s most mid-priced cordless clipper
- No stand or case
- Hard to find anything else I don’t like about it!
The Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip is designed for regular, professional use.
It is a real barber’s favorite, but can equally be classed as a home-use hair clipper.
Its real strength lies in its ability to blend hair and create skin fades. It can also handle cutting thick hair with ease.
Best Professional Cordless Hair Clippers
A professional-use, cordless clipper is essential for barbers and hairstylists.
These types of clippers get used on a daily basis and need to be reliable and consistent in their performance.
Although higher-end clippers are more expensive and suited for industry professionals, there’s no reason why you can’t use them at home.
Once you become proficient at cutting hair you’ll soon notice the difference between budget clippers and top-end ones.
Andis Master Cordless Clipper
The Andis Master Cordless Hair Clipper is a real work of art, and one of the most expensive clippers Andis make.
Due to the overwhelming success of the corded Andis Master, a cordless version was always on the cards.
It looks awesome in its shiny, aluminum casing, and when it’s on display there’s no doubting that this is an expensive, quality, well-built machine.
Motor power is everything with a cordless clipper, and the main reason the Andis Master Cordless has a higher than average price tag is its’ exceptional, rotary-powered motor.
Andis claims it can deliver over 7,200 strokes per minute, which is an industry leader for a rotary motor.
- Extremely powerful, constant speed, rotary motor
- Taper lever for the adjustable blade – adjustable from #000 to #1
- Lithium-ion battery delivers over 90 minutes of constant run time, and charges in just 1 hour
- Near indestructible aluminum housing
- Lightweight – just 2 pounds
- LED light to show when battery charging and fully charged
- 120-240 Volts for US and international use
- Quality build, design, and looks
- The best rotary motor in the business
- Damage proof aluminum casing
- Great for fading, blending, tapering
- Ideal for all hair types
- No accessories included
- 90 mins run time not great if using constantly
Love, love, love this beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, cordless hair clipper!
Did I say I like it?
Want accessories? Forget it.
Want a whisper-quiet clipper? Forget it.
Want to sleep with this clipper? – Forget it.
However, if you do want a premium cordless clipper that looks amazing and performs to a consistently high standard, the Andis Master Cordless Hair Clipper is the tool for you.
BaBylissPRO Barberology MetalFX Series
The BaByliss Pro MetalFX Series hair clipper has done an amazing job at competing with the best professional hair clippers.
BaByliss may not be the first company you think of when looking for hair clippers, but their top-end cordless models are a real work of art.
Even the motor is supposed to be designed by Ferrari.
This is a luxury, designer-looking machine, with quality cutting blades and a superb motor to back it up.
The BaBylissPro FX Series of cordless hair clippers come in 3 different colors – gold, silver, and rose gold.
- Powered by a rechargeable, lithium-ion battery – 2 hours run time
- Super sharp, high-carbon stainless steel blade – will cut through all hair types with ease – no snagging or pulling
- A powerful rotary motor – designed by Ferrari – cuts at 6300 rpm
- Taper lever with 5 settings – ideal for more precise work and fades
- Lightweight – making it easy to handle for long periods of time
- Great looking design
- Ferrari designed motor
- 3 colors to choose from
- Dual voltage for international use
- 2-year warranty (U.S and Canada only)
- No Stand
- No storage case
The BaBylissPro FX Series is a well-balanced hair clipper that cuts all hair types and delivers a lot of power.
It is a luxurious, high-end clipper that doesn’t disappoint.
And if you like a bit of ‘bling’, the BaBylissPro Gold is right up there!
Oster Professional 76550-100 Octane Clipper
Oster only has 3 cordless clippers – The Oster Octane, the Oster Turbo, and the Oster Eon. (They need to work on their names!)
The Oster Octane is Oster’s most expensive hair clipper. Period.
I love this clipper for its simple, understated quality and power.
And although it’s the top-priced cordless hair clipper, it really delivers in performance.
- Powerful rotary motor
- Detachable blade – can use Oster Titan or Oster Classic 76 clipper blades
- Slim design
- Powerful motor
- High quality, detachable cutting blades
- A dual battery charging station enables you to have a spare battery ready to go
- Break-resistant housing
- Comes with a 3 year Oster backed warranty
- 2 hours run time – 1 hour to charge
- Has a rubbish name!
- Apart from the price, what is there not to like?
Plus it’s one of the very few clippers I know of, that have a 3-year warranty.
Despite the power the motor produces, these clippers are reasonably quiet.
They are easy to handle with a well-balanced feel.
If you don’t shy away from the price tag, these clippers are a great investment.
Best Home Use Cordless Hair Clippers
The professional-grade clippers I’ve recommended above are designed for constant use, usually in a barbershop or hair salon.
They are designed to be more robust, perform to a higher standard, and last much longer.
That’s why they have a higher price tag.
Although they are perfectly fine to use at home, there are other cordless clippers that may be more suitable, particularly if you use clippers less frequently and are more budget-conscious.
I would always recommend the Wahl Magic Clip Cordless for the best home-use clipper.
However, I get that it may be a little pricey if you’re just considering your first hair clipper.
If that’s the case here are my other recommendations:
Andis Envy Li Cordless Adjustable Blade Clipper
The Andis Envy Li is a great lower to mid-range hair clipper for home use.
It has all the hallmarks of a professional clipper except the price tag.
- Lightweight – less than 10 oz – 25% lighter than the corded model
- 2 hour run time – more than enough for a whole family of hair cuts in one sitting
- An adjustable blade that can be zero-gapped for a near bald cut
- Strong rotary motor – 5500 spm that can tackle all hair types
- Casing made from a strong polymer material
- Strong, dependable, rotary motor
- Easy snap-on detachable blades
- Long run time – Lithium Ion powered battery
- Cordless or corded operation
- Universal 110 – 220v operation
- No charging stand
- No storage case
A very underestimated hair clipper by one of the top brands.
I really appreciate how light this clipper is. You will get very little fatigue even with a lot of use.
It has the feel of a more expensive clipper, especially with the ability to swap blades for precise cutting.
Remington Hc6550 Cordless Vacuum Hair Clipper
The Remington Cordless Vacuum Hair Clipper may have started a whole new market of vacuum hair clippers.
If you cut hair at home, you ultimately need to be prepared for a lot of hairs on the bathroom or kitchen floor.
Even a little trim or tidy-up can result in a mass of hair on the floor.
So a cordless hair clipper with a vacuum, and chamber to suck up those pesky hairs, is a great invention.
And by the increasing number of positive reviews on Amazon, it seems to be going down very well.
- A powerful suction that sucks up around 95% of cut hairs
- Easy, detachable chamber allows you to empty the hairs on the go
- Titanium coated blade
- Lithium powered battery – provides 60 mins run time after a 4-hour charge
- Can be used as a hair clipper and beard trimmer
The Remington Hc550 comes as an 18 piece haircutting kit, with all the bits to get you started.
- Collects around 95% of all cut hair
- Decent motor and cutting blade
- Comes with lots of accessories to cut hair at home
- Includes storage | travel case
- good run time – 60 mins+ after a single charge
- Plastic casing prone to damage
- Not as powerful as similarly priced clippers
You might be forgiven for thinking this cordless hair clipper is a bit of a gimmick.
But it actually performs very well in cutting hair.
It may not be as powerful as other mid-range clippers, but a decent trade-off if you hate hair falling all over the bathroom or kitchen floor.
See also: Best Vacuum Hair Clippers
Best Self-Cut Cordless Hair Clippers
Let’s face it, any hair clippers can be used to cut your own hair.
However, it can get tricky because the design of most clippers doesn’t allow for the flexibility you need to reach all areas of your head/hair.
With the rise in popularity of men wanting to cut their own hair, new self-cut hair clippers have appeared.
I can tell you from personal experience, they are a quick and easy way to tidy up a short haircut.
Remington HC4250 Shortcut Pro Self-Haircut Kit
Remington must have picked up on the self hair-cut trend and have produced an excellent, mid-range, self-use hair clipper.
The Remington Shortcut Pro, Self-Haircut Kit has proved its worth and has a growing number of fans.
This is one of only a few clippers on the market that is specifically designed for someone to cut their own hair.
Although it looks too small to be any good, it actually cuts hair really well.
The blade is wider than most clipper blades, and curved, to contour the shape of your head.
This is a very clever design feature that makes self hair cutting much easier.
- Extra-wide, curved blade
- 40 mins run time
- Self-sharpening, washable blade
- Fits in the palm of your hand for detailed, precision cutting
- Wide, curved blade
- Small and easy to handle
- Lots of accessories including travel/storage pouch
- Self-sharpening blade – can clean under running water
- Replacement guide combs available
- For self-use only
- Easily damaged if dropped
- Wide blade makes blending a little more challenging
If you want to save money on monthly hair cuts, and like to keep your hair nice and short, the Remington Shortcut Pro is just the job.
The curved blade is a stroke of genius!
Philips QC5570/13 DIY Easy Reach 180 Degree Hair Clipper
Just like the Remington HC4250, Philips came up with their own version of a self-cut cordless hair clipper – and it’s a good one.
The Philips Norelco QC5570/13 Do-It-Yourself Hair Clipper was produced in 2013 and has grown in popularity ever since.
- 180 degree adjustable cutting head to reach hard to get to areas
- 13 Adjustable cutting settings – no need for individual blade guards
- Self-sharpening blades
- 180-degree rotating cutting head to reach all areas
- 13 adjustable cutting length settings
- washable under running water
- Easy to use – ideal for beginners
- No stand or storage case
- Run time may not be as long as 60 minutes
- Motor not as strong as similarly priced models
I’m a big fan of tools designed to do one job.
The Philips QC5570 was innovative in its day and still has plenty to offer today.
I like how easy it is to use, especially with the 180-degree rotating cutting head.
It may not be the best in class for a more adventurous haircut, but for a basic tidy-up, crew cut, or buzz cut, it does the job extremely well.
Easy to clean, easy maintenance – what’s not to like?
Read my full review of the Philips QC5580 here (Upgraded model but same spec)
Best Cordless Hair Clippers For Bald Head
If you’re looking for the best cordless balding clippers you might be a long time searching.
Other than the Wahl Balding Clipper (which is corded) there isn’t a clipper dedicated to cutting a bald head.
Hair clippers – corded or cordless, have to have some overlap between the cutting blade and the metal base, otherwise, the blade could cut the skin.
A lot of cordless clippers can be zero-gapped to achieve a near bald look, but will never cut as close as a regular safety razor.
If you’re looking for a cordless tool to achieve a near bald look, check out the impressive BaByliss Pro Double Foil Metal Shaver.
The Wahl Magic Clip Cordless is our overall top pick, and you can zero-gap the blades.
So for that reason, I would argue they are the best cordless clippers for a bald head.
In my review of the Wahl Magic Clip Cordless, I include a video on how to zero-gap the blades.
Best Cordless Hair Clipper and Trimmer Set
Having a separate trimmer is a worthwhile addition for cutting hair.
A trimmer finishes off your cut by getting to the areas your clipper isn’t equipped for.
A good hair trimmer allows you to create sharp lines and edging, as well as tidying up stray and fine hairs around the neck and behind the ears.
It’s also good value for money when you’re able to buy both together.
There are a couple of decent Clipper/Trimmer Combo’s that have plenty of excellent reviews.
Andis Professional Cordless Fade Combo – Envy Li Clipper & Slimline Li Trimmer
This dual set of Andis cordless Clippers and Trimmers not only look gorgeous, with the sleek, jet black design, but they are also professional industrial-grade machines.
The Envy Li Cordless Clipper has a powerful rotary motor capable of cutting through bulky, damp hair.
The Lithium battery keeps the run time up at around 2 hours, which is pretty impressive.
It is very lightweight, has a taper lever for precision fades, and a standard, detachable stainless steel blade.
A workhorse machine that’s built to last.
The Andis Slimline Trimmer that comes with it, is another top-quality machine.
It has an ergonomic handle for ease of use, a T-blade for detailing and precision work, plus the lithium-backed battery giving 2 hours of run time.
This clipper/trimmer combo is highly recommended for professional and/or home use.
Wahl Lithium-Ion Cordless Hair Cutting and Trimming Combo
Best Budget Cordless Hair Clippers
If you’re looking for a good pair of hair clippers on a budget, check out my reviews and recommendations for the best cheap hair clippers for home use.
For the best cheap, cordless hair clippers, I can’t see beyond the impressive Wahl Color Pro Cordless.
Wahl Color Pro Cordless Rechargeable Hair Clipper & Trimmer
The Wahl Color Pro Cordless Hair Clipper has been a masterstroke for Wahl.
With a half-decent motor and easy-to-identify color-coded guards, these home-use clippers are the most popular budget, cordless clippers on the market right now.
- Easily identifiable color-coded guards
- Can be used when is charging (cord/cordless)
- Easy to handle
- 60 mins run time
- Dual voltage for international use
- Removable blade for easy cleaning
- Great value for money
- The detachable blade can be cleaned under running water
- Color-coded guards help you choose the right number
- Comes with all the accessories you need to start cutting hair right straight out of the box
- Takes up to 15 hours to fully recharge
- Reports of cutting blade rattling against clipper housing
- Not suitable for frequent use
Great cordless hair clippers for beginners, and for those who don’t want to spend too much money on a pair of clippers.
For the cost of these clippers, they really are hard to beat.
The motor is obviously not going to be the most powerful, and the cutting blades will require more than a couple of passes over the hair to get a decent cut.
I started off with the Wahl Color Pro Cordless and it did the job for a basic haircut.
You get a lot of clipper for your money, and the benefits of cordless operation.
Any cordless clipper that comes in cheaper than the Wahl Color Pro, you’re looking at non-recognized makes and models.
Sure you may find clippers like these cheaper, but the quality, warranty levels, support and longevity are dubious – at best.
My advice: Corded or cordless, budget clippers are never worth getting if you want to use hair clippers long term.
Cordless Vs Corded Hair Clippers
Apart from the fact one has a mains power cord and one doesn’t, the difference is mostly the price.
Corded clippers tend to be cheaper than cordless and often you’ll have an identical clipper with corded and cordless models available.
The best cordless clippers also tend to use a more expensive, more powerful rotary motor – hence the higher price.
Cordless hair clippers are generally preferred over a corded model – as long as there’s no drop in performance, such as cutting speed and motor torque.
A cordless clipper gives you greater freedom of movement, with no trailing cable to get in your way.
For barbers who use clippers on and off throughout the day, corded clippers are often the only option. Mainly because mains clippers provide constant, reliable power.
However, hair clippers have come a long way since they were first introduced in the 1920s, and new technology means there is now a lot more power in cordless models.
Q. What make of cordless hair clippers are the best?
A. No matter what type of hair clippers you choose, the leading brands such as Wahl, Andis, Oster, Remington, Philips, and BaByliss tend to be the most common clippers used in the industry.
And for good reason.
Their name and reputation, give you more reassurance that you’re buying into a reputable, quality product that comes with a backed-up warranty.
Across the board, Wahl is probably the most recognized and successful hair clipper brand.
Q. What are the best cordless hair clippers for fades?
A. Any of the above recommended mid to high-end clippers are suitable for fades and blending. Fading is a ‘technique’ rather than a use of a certain clipper or blade.
Q. What is the difference between a rotary-powered motor and an electromagnetic one?
A. Rotary Motor
- Runs cooler than a standard electromagnetic motor.
- Stronger motor—Won’t bog down even on the thickest of hair textures.
- This is the primary motor for cordless hair clippers.
- Faster blade speed—up to 15,000 strokes per minute (SPM).
- Energy-efficient—uses less power than other motor types.
- Potentially longer lasting due to fewer moving parts.
The best cordless hair clippers for you, are not necessarily the best hair clippers money can buy.
The motor strength, weight, ergonomics, battery life, ease of use, etc. will all have an influence over what is important to you.
Take the time to read reviews and stick with the leading brands.
One thing is for sure..
..cordless hair clippers are improving year in, year out, and I’m sure will eventually replace corded models altogether.
I hope you enjoyed my review of the best cordless hair clippers for men.
Please let me know what you think below or if you have any other suggestions you think should be on the list.